IPB

Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Going to Italy
Akkien
messagio 30 Mar 2015, 08:18
Messaggio #1

Noob Smasher

Gruppo: Membri
Utente Nr.: 1962

Hey guys! I'm Akkien (AK). I'm a smasher from Venezuela that's going to Italy for a few months starting on April 3rd. I'll be near Napoli and I wanted to know if there were some places I could practice on, or torneys I could join while I'm there (mostly for PM and Melee). I come from a very small scene, especially for PM, but we have a couple good players here and some others that have already left and put their names on bigger tournaments (...Wito, BX, Palo, Nino, Blea Gelo, Wari...).

I'm gonna be around Caserta for most of the time but if there are any smashers nearby that could help me practice and not get rusty over these months, that'd be much appreciated. I would love to play PM (hopefully 3.5 or 3.6 -just announced-) but Melee will do just as fine as I main Marth/Lucario.

I'm not very fluent in italian so sorry for the english post, but I can perfectly understand it so it's ok if you want to answer in italian (:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AvengerAngel
messagio 30 Mar 2015, 11:01
Messaggio #2

Smasher d'altri tempi

Utente Nr.: 1090

Hey Akkien, welcome to Italy biggrin2.gif
We don't really have a P:M scene (there are just a few players here and there that play it for fun), and the Melee scene is kinda dead, but luckily you can find some decent players in Rome, near Naples. Also we will be having a couple of tournaments in May: one in Bologna (mostly Smash4, with very few Melee players) and one in Jesi, near Ancona (focused both on Smash4 and Melee).
Here are the links to the Facebook events:

Aesis Double Smash - the tournament in Jesi

ICARUS - the tournament in Bologna

if you're interested in Melee and can attend only one of these (because travelling in Italy could be quite expensive), I'd recommend the one in Jesi because it's closer to Rome and we will have a bigger Melee attendance there, I guess.

I hope this helps biggrin2.gif

--------------------

Stop!
SPAMMER TIME!

CITAZIONE(KirbyKaze)
Falco rapes everyone.

Except he doesn't because lasers don't do much and his combo game is bad because you have to read DI.
CITAZIONE(MaNg0)
Well pretty much the way i see falco .. its evenly as good as everyone else peach marth sheik foxy but the thing is falco has 2 work alot harder for his **** and having a mediorce recovery but overall hes jsut as good as them ... just has 2 work an 8 hour **** with some over time 7 days a week unlike the rest of them they work 4 hour shifts on the weekends only

lol
CITAZIONE(otg @ What tier would Falco be in if he didn't have lasers?)
I don't know what tier Falco would be in without lasers, but I can tell you that even if people could powershield the lasers 50% of the time, that wouldn't make that much difference. Falco's would just mix up how often they shoot lasers and when, so you would still have to be on your toes. The game would change from "****, I'm getting lasered" to "****, when am I going to get lasered?"
CITAZIONE(Mogwai @ How do I avoid getting shine spiked)
don't recover, EVER

just die when you're off stage and then come back and death combo the Fox.
CITAZIONE(Mogwai @ Falco, the best character in the game on stage?)
Falco is the best on stage. He's like fox but better. then either you get your opponent off stage, or they get you off stage, and suddenly you go from top tier to like, low mid tier and that makes Falco a sad panda :'(

+Quote Post
Dax
messagio 30 Mar 2015, 13:08
Messaggio #3

Smasher storico

Gruppo: Amministratore
Utente Nr.: 1

yeah, was about to post that. We're going to have 2 nationals soon so if you can travel, I recommend to come to that.
There are very few players that I know from Naples and none of them play Melee unfortunately. You'd have to go to Rome to find around 10 melee players.

--------------------
Fondatore della Comunità Italiana di Smash =)

L'uomo ragionevole si adatta al mondo. L'uomo irragionevole pretende che il mondo si adatti a lui. Perciò il progresso è opera di uomini irragionevoli.
George Bernard Shaw

+Quote Post
OverLord
messagio 30 Mar 2015, 15:11
Messaggio #4

Smasher d'altri tempi

Da: Roma
Utente Nr.: 1316

We're all in Rome for Melee. We don't even own a hacked Wii.

--------------------

継続は力なり。

+Quote Post
Akkien
messagio 30 Mar 2015, 21:37
Messaggio #5

Noob Smasher

Utente Nr.: 1962

Thanks! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to both tournaments as traveling is expensive indeed but between those two Aesis Double Smash does seem like the better option since it's closer to me, so I'll probably go to that one. Sad to hear there's no real PM scene there as that's the game I play the most

As for the Melee players in Rome, how often do they gather together to play? I'm not great at melee so I'd really like to practice before going to the tournament. By the way, is there any way I could get some help with housing and that kind of stuff? I think I'd be completely lost in Rome because I'd be going all on my own.

Thanks again!

+Quote Post
Dax
messagio 30 Mar 2015, 22:59
Messaggio #6

Smasher storico

Gruppo: Amministratore
Utente Nr.: 1

btw the tournament in Jesi has hosting included, but you need a sleeping bag...

--------------------
Fondatore della Comunità Italiana di Smash =)

L'uomo ragionevole si adatta al mondo. L'uomo irragionevole pretende che il mondo si adatti a lui. Perciò il progresso è opera di uomini irragionevoli.
George Bernard Shaw

+Quote Post
AvengerAngel
messagio 31 Mar 2015, 08:47
Messaggio #7

Smasher d'altri tempi

Utente Nr.: 1090

If you need info about playing, housing etc. in Rome you can just contact OverLord here and I'm sure he'll be able to sort something out for you biggrin2.gif
Also don't worry if you're not great at Melee, he's a nub loool awe.png

--------------------

Stop!
SPAMMER TIME!

CITAZIONE(KirbyKaze)
Falco rapes everyone.

Except he doesn't because lasers don't do much and his combo game is bad because you have to read DI.
CITAZIONE(MaNg0)
Well pretty much the way i see falco .. its evenly as good as everyone else peach marth sheik foxy but the thing is falco has 2 work alot harder for his **** and having a mediorce recovery but overall hes jsut as good as them ... just has 2 work an 8 hour **** with some over time 7 days a week unlike the rest of them they work 4 hour shifts on the weekends only

lol
CITAZIONE(otg @ What tier would Falco be in if he didn't have lasers?)
I don't know what tier Falco would be in without lasers, but I can tell you that even if people could powershield the lasers 50% of the time, that wouldn't make that much difference. Falco's would just mix up how often they shoot lasers and when, so you would still have to be on your toes. The game would change from "****, I'm getting lasered" to "****, when am I going to get lasered?"
CITAZIONE(Mogwai @ How do I avoid getting shine spiked)
don't recover, EVER

just die when you're off stage and then come back and death combo the Fox.
CITAZIONE(Mogwai @ Falco, the best character in the game on stage?)
Falco is the best on stage. He's like fox but better. then either you get your opponent off stage, or they get you off stage, and suddenly you go from top tier to like, low mid tier and that makes Falco a sad panda :'(

+Quote Post
OverLord
messagio 31 Mar 2015, 13:53
Messaggio #8

Smasher d'altri tempi

Da: Roma
Utente Nr.: 1316

Yeah, for housing and such you can contact me and I'm up for practice. Just drop me a line when you have figured out when it's best for you. I will arrange something.

--------------------

継続は力なり。

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (2 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

Modalità di visualizzazione: Normale · Passa a: Lineare · Passa a: Outline

Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 28 Mar 2024 - 13:11